Thursday, May 1, 2014

Favourite Deviants~

Annyeonghaseyo~!

I have a deviantART account... which I barely use, but I think I need to use more often. Lately, I've been searching for inspiration, but the only inspiration I get is to write (which is something - at least I'm letting my creative juices flow somehow). I want to draw again. More importantly, I want to improve on my digital art skills, but pretty much any Photoshop or Illustrator is way too expensive right now. And I really don't want to do Creative Cloud. My free trial for Paint Tool SAI will expire soon too...

So instead of me continuing making up excuses why I'm not present on DA, I want to share with you some of my favourite deviant artists, and you can follow their work. I'm sure they post way more often than I do.

First is sakimichan. She's mostly known for her semi-realism digital art, as well as her Disney gender-bends. Examples of her work are down at the bottom of the post. Her art inspires me to perform better in semi-realistic art. She's done a couple of tutorials, and by learning through those, I am becoming much better at this style of art. Her pieces are also breathtakingly beautiful, and have so much attention to detail. Seriously, her Elsa painting is amazingly detailed if you zoom in.

Next up, there's Mike Inel. His art has a more sketchy feel to some, and others have a clean look. My favourite pieces of his are the sketched ones. Mostly, I love his animations. He's best known for his animation "Draw With Me", which is one of the most touching animations I've seen in a while. He inspires me to not only have a good drawing, but to have a story behind it as well.

Another artist is Reiko Hattori, best known for her love for all things Jack Frost. She does some pretty amazing Jack Frost fan art, as well as digital fan art scenes from movies. She also has her own original art that's really impressive as well. I came to know her on Art Amino (an iPhone/iPod app), and she's incredibly sweet and helpful as well.

The last artist I will feature in this post (don't worry, I'll do another favourites post in the future. This is by far not all of my favourites) is Christina Yen, a.k.a. The-SixthLeafClover. Her work is mostly centered around fantasy - mainly dragons. She also has her own shop, from where she sells dragon sculptures - extremely detailed sculptures. Her sculptures are what inspired me to put more detail into my own sculpting.

Here's a bit of the work done by each artist. Note, that I do not take any credit at all. All rights go to the original artist, as credited.

sakimichan:






Mike Inel:





Reiko Hattori:





The-SixthLeafClover:



Again, all credit goes to the original artists. Please support them by checking out their works~! Just click on the names above (in their descriptions) to be sent to each artist's profile.

~이하늘

No comments:

Post a Comment